01458 250735

Office: 08:45 - 3:30

Monday to Friday

School Communications

How does the school communicate with parents/carers?

We use a range of methods which are summarised on this document which is regularly reviewed.

How do I keep up to date with school news?

In response to feedback we received from parents several years ago, information is posted on twitter accounts instead of regular weekly bulletins or letters. This enables small pieces of information to be passed on as and when needed, which is particularly helpful, especially in times of great change at often short notice. For example, during Covid. We ask parents to follow the school and the class twitter feed for their child or if parents prefer they can just look at the website. On occasions when more information needs to be shared a letter will be saved on the website and tweeted. At the end of each week we tweet a communication summary of the week and mention any document which has been added to the website, to help keep everyone up to date and these are added to the website letters page.

If you don’t like twitter you can see our school news by clicking on the front page of the website where our twitter feed is. You can also access the classes ones by clicking on the classes pages on the website. For example, you may want to check on a Monday when the weekly homework is posted. The school diary is also on the front page of the website and dates further ahead can be accessed from the calendar page of the website. Here is a reminder of where to look.

Still have some questions? 

Please read our FAQ sheet which is updated each year.

What are the twitter feeds? 

Ash Class Twitter Feed

Cedar Class Twitter Feed

Elm Class Twitter Feed

Maple Class Twitter Feed

Oak Class Twitter Feed

Willow Class Twitter Feed

@PTAHighHam Twitter Feed

We have an active PTA and you may like to follow their twitter feed as it is a great way to become involved in their work, should you wish.

Is there a school office? 

Our office is open for medical needs only. There is a school post box for any letters and messages for the class teacher can be written in the reading diary and put in the communication box on the teacher’s desk. The teacher will then follow up with you and make a telephone appointment if necessary.

What do I do when my child is unwell?

Use the answer machine to let us know before the school day begins. Please let us know the details of any absence as we are monitoring the situation carefully. Telephone 01458 250735 (or email if you have a medical note) office@highham.somerset.gov.uk.

How do I pay for educational visits?

We use a company called WisePay, all parents are given a log in for this.